Two Days Workshop on Surface Preparation
Every overlay on a substrate needs to adhere to it firmly to function as desired. So on concrete, mortar or other construction materials for all overlays such as, paint, protective coating, screed, repair mortar, floor topping etc. The most important factor that helps ensuring adhesion of overlays to substrate is the substrate surface preparation. If surface preparation is substandard, so would be the life of the overlay. INSTRUCT is organising a two-day workshop on Surface Preparation at INSTRUCT premises. The programme includes interactive classroom theory sessions, international guidelines for surface preparation, exposure to the tools and equipment used in this important task, demonstrations / videos to provide a practical insight in achieving designed results.
- To enable the participants to realise the importance of right surface preparation
- Equip the installers of waterproofing / flooring / repair / protection systems with methodologies of surface preparation and criterion for choosing the appropriate method.
- To Give an exposure to the types of machines and equipment for surface preparation.
- To Provide an opportunity to witness the demonstration of crack injection.
- The training is conducted through interactive discussions and demonstration of some surface preparation equipment.
Topics Intended :
- Why surface preparation is important?
- Substrate surfaces and overlays; theory of adhesion; common contaminants on concrete; choosing surface profile for the job.
- Surface investigation
- Types of defects / damage on surface and their effects on overlays
- Inspection of substrate surface for suitability
- Methods of inspection for moisture in substrate
- Surface preparation methods
- Different methods, their objectives, pros and cons, equipment needed, .
- Criteria for choosing a method for the job