This Institute was originally conceived as ”Centre of Awareness in Construction and Engineering" (CACE) during October 1989 by few like minded, dedicated professionals to provide vocational training to grass root level and middle level managers in the construction trades and management.
During December 1993,it was registered as Regional Institute Of Construction, Management And Research (RICMAR) under Karnataka Co-operative Societies Act. In 1997, it is named as 'INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING OF CONSTRUCTION TRADES AND MANAGEMENT (INSTRUCT).
INSTRUCT has completed more than 1100 programmes including several seminars / workshops and trained nearly more than 27,000 construction staff. Many of these are also organized at the national level.
- To promote education, training, research, professionalism and skill formation at all levels of the civil construction and other allied industries.
- To undertake training of personnel involved in rural development, rural infrastructure, public health and integrated rural area development and also take up surveys (socio-economic as well as engineering), research, feasibility studies, etc., related to construction projects.
- To continuously evolve educational and training software, publish study materials and other training literature.
- To undertake pilot projects, demonstration projects in urban and rural environmental and infrastructure areas with a view to develop trained managerial, engineering and tradesmen cadre for the implementation of the projects.
- To promote management and professional training in construction and development related areas in collaboration with National and International agencies, Govt. and Non-Govt. organisations.
INSTRUCT would be a premier Institute imparting Quality Education to Construction Industry at Lowest Cost of Delivery.
INSTRUCT should be the platform to ensure
Knowledge sharing in Construction Industry so that our country benefits by best practices from around the world. Perpetual improvement in employability of individuals in the Industry.
Core Values of INSTRUCT
- Promote Integrity
- Respect for Individuals
- Meritocracy within INSTRUCT
- Encourage sense of Inquiry
- Continuous improvement
- Employability of a Person
Guide Posts for Designing the Training Programmes for Sustainability
- Teacher Validation
- Research of Materials for Authenticity to provide value for Services
- Late Mr. A. Nagabhushan Rao - Founder Chairman
- H. Vishwanatha Rao - Former Chairman
- H. K. Nanjunda Swamy - Former Chairman
- B K Dhar
- Surendra K Manjrekar
- M N Hegde
- G B Suresh Kumar
- K M Manjunath
- Murgesh S Bhustali
- P L Shashidhara
- Vinay Keerthi
- H Vishwanth Rao,
- Umesh B. Rao,
- Nirmal Prasad A,
- Vasudev N Murthy
- B A Madhukar
Dr. N Ramprakash - Hon. Chairman
Er. H R Girish - Hon. Vice Chairman
Er. Sanjay A Almelkar - Hon. Secretary
Er. L R Manjuatha - Hon. Treasurer
Meet The Team
Ut enim adm inim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation.